Saturday, November 12, 2011

New Projects


Community Service for me is addictive. Above all other types of promotion, I get the most joy from it. I have decided to allocate more time toward community service promotion in both my personal life as well as my current role in my day job.  Here are some things I really look forward to working with:

Homeless Collection: Dec. 18th, 2011
-Branding a group (as I think is necessary seeing as this is the 3rd year running and growing)
-Preparing promotional material
-Press release for promotion

Toys for Tots:
Since this is one that already exists I will simply be advising the group wanting to get involved to become active and lend their talents. Leading by example, I hope to volunteer on the promotional front. Whatever it takes.

Dress for Success:
Would like to organize a collection for women joining the work force again. I was inspired to do so when I was faced with the question of what to do with 20-some odd pairs of good condition, good quality shoes that I can not wear. If I have something- I know some other people that may like to join in. Looking at mid spring for this one.

Prom dress drives:
I am literally all "dressed up" with no place to go. Looking in my closet the other day I realized I had 4 beautiful gowns and not one event on my calendar to wear them to- let alone 4! One dress is amazing but just not for a woman my age (in my opinion). I was thinking of consigning them but I would really rather give them to girls that I believe could use them for prom/homecoming. I have held on to them with this in mind for 2 years. This year I will move toward gifting them to young ladies who would like them. I am fortunate to live in an area with a Fairy Godmothers organization. Time to link up! (http://www.fairygodmothersinc.com)

Really excited to get my community service fix! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment